This is a neat way to use up leftover pasta – and you can pretty much use any leftover pasta, tomato or even cream based. Great for kids (and grown ups!) – and you can use it as an opportunity to add hidden vegetables (eg. grated carrot and zucchini). These freeze and reheat well too. I made this using my leftover Beef Ragu Pasta.
Muffin Tin Spaghetti Nests (Using Leftover Pasta)
- Leftover pasta and sauce mixed together
- 1 egg per 3 packed cups of pasta (see notes)
- Grated melting cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Mix the egg and pasta together.
- Spray muffin tins with oil, then pack tightly with pasta. If you don't pack the pasta in, it will fall apart.
- Bake until the pasta goes crunchy and golden on top - around 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese, then return to oven until cheese melts.